Happy Unicorn Day!
This one was quite the adventure to make! Having had quite the time making Apollo, I just had to make Projectarian’s other patterns! Of course a pattern sale just solidified that plan. Then being the yarn hoarder that I am, I also had yarn to burn through.
This particular one took me almost 3 weeks to make! The most time consuming part for me was the hair! After a few strands, I find I have to put it down and come back after a day or two. I don’t think the photos do the hair justice though. Using a “striping” yarn was definitely the right choice, and is now a must for any next Comets. This effect would definitely have been more difficult to achieve if I were to use solid colored yarn.
Materials and tools used:
- Crochet pattern from Projectarian
- Red Heart Super Saver in Aran Fleck, Black, and Pool
- Red Heart With Love in Baroque Stripe, Papaya, and White
- Knit Picks Brava Worsted in Cornflower and Clarity
- Fairfield Polyester fiber filling
- Clover Soft Touch crochet hook, 4.0 mm
- Clover yarn needle
Want one of your own?