It was another beautiful day in Hawaii! So why not take Sepp (kind of close) to his natural environment.
(I just can’t get over how fast my model is growing!)
The little baby is so adorable! Maybe I should make more baby seahorse?
Sepp’s head was another part of a Lalylala I altered. This pattern is another that is crocheted bottom-up, in the round, all the way to the top of the head. I personally have a hard time getting the neck how I like if I crochet that way. But the way I altered the head last time made the hood not fit as well as I’d like. So what I did was make the head separately. I made a foundation chain to make a fake last row of the body, and continued to work the head upwards. And behold! It worked. This may be my go to alteration.
It was a windy day, so the quality of Sepp was tested. He had to be dusted oh so many times! As you can see in this last photo, the stitches are perfect for catching sand from the wind.
I’m still working my way through all the Lalylala patterns, so I’m sure there will be another doll coming soon!