Here’s another gift! I love finding these cool blanket patterns, but I have more blankets than I could use in a lifetime.
For this project, I decided to use yarn I already had in my stash. It’s a mix of brands, but they seem to have come together very nicely!
This gift is not meant to be given until Christmas, but I thought I’d get a good start since my favorites I’ve made can take as long as 2-3 months. A day or two into the project, I realized I’m nearly halfway done! This is also when I found how to do a join-as-you-go technique for hexagons, and I just had to go into overdrive out of excitement!
I used less yarn than I thought I would per hexie, so I think this would make a good scrap yarn project! But let’s save that for another time!
- Hook: 5.5 mm Furls Odyssey crochet hook from Furls Crochet.
- Known yarn used:
- Red Heart Super Saver in Aran, Medium Thyme, Charcoal
- Red Heart With Love in Black
- Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in Seaspray Mist, Beige
- Personalize and order yours here.
I felt like knitting a hat out of a yarn I got a while back. It probably took me longer to find a pattern/design to knit than it took for me to actually make the hat. (Crocheter problems, lol!)
This pattern is super easy to follow and I just love the unique look of the finished product! This would make a great beginner project.
- Pattern from: Caitlin ffrench
- Yarn: Puppy Bergen (??? some imported yarn I scored from a craft swap)
- Needle: 8.0 mm Clover Takumi bamboo double pointed knitting needles from Clover USA